Welcome to Silver Springs, Nevada!
Oh the Things I Wish I Knew Before I Moved Here…
I will be discussing many different topics related to my experiences and observations of this town after I moved here.
Some articles to come:
- Lake Lahontan is NOT a Lake. It is a Reservoir!
- The “Lake”, is a “Lake” about one or two months out of the year (for the last few years, since I’ve been here, it’s 2014 now)
- Locals have told me that the response time for 911 calls can be up to a half hour or more
- The Village Market. R.I.P.
- When you purchase property you do NOT own the water rights!
- BEWARE. The folks who live out in the rural areas… I have met a few and now know why they live out in the rural areas…
- The coyotes WILL eat your cats and dogs and chickens. Two verified stories of a dog, and another for the chickens.
- Keep your tools locked up at all times! The “scrappers” are out there.
Thank you for visiting and I look forward to sharing my experiences with you along with some great photos.